Thursday, March 18, 2010

Violin Project 1/2 Begun

So with the piezo pickup working out just fine, the electrical department is all taken care of. Also tonight Oz and I are getting dinner with her family for her dad's birthday but I'm the one getting presents in the form of hand-me-down tools. I'm hoping then that I'll have the majority of tools I need to get started. With everything lining up, I went ahead and purchased the parts and pieces I expect to need to make the electric violin:

1 Ebony Fingerboard - $10 For another 10 cents I got the 'Better Grade' AND interesting fact, ebony is poisonous.
1 Hardwood, Black Dyed, Violin Chinrest - $5.75
1 Violin Fitted Bridge 4/4 size - $2.50
1 Ebony Tailpiece 4/4 size - $4.25
1 Tailpiece Adjuster - $2.40
1 6pc. Set of Open Gear Guitar Tuners - $12.53

Total $37.43 +13.95 for shipping

I'll still need to get violin strings but I'll grab some tonight as we pass the music store. I also need the actual wood, which I'll check out the local lumber yard to see what they have and figure out what I'd need.

In other news D&D this past weekend went well. The players checked out 2 more dungeons, and figured out a puzzle through trial and error. Nobody fell into any of the lava traps. And they were ambushed. I may scan in another the dungeon map with the lava traps marked out. Oz is on a mission to make more gridded, laminated paper so I can have more space to work with. The dungeons have so far been very small, more like intricate chambers rather than sprawling dungeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment