Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sawdust everywhere

My current workshop is my basement, where I get to duck ever so slightly because of the low ceiling and which I'm nestled between boxes of empty wine bottles and a few bicycles. It works out well because it's below ground. Working down there shouldn't be too noisy and I don't have to worry about any mess I make.

Speaking of which, red sawdust everywhere. I didn't think to take the picture until I had already swept up most of it. But I collected about a cup and a half into a jar for whatever reason I could possibly use for bloodwood sawdust(maybe filling in cracks with mixed epoxy?)


And all that sawdust has to come from somewhere. I've now cut out two and a half of the profile pieces. They're looking pretty rough but that's what they're meant to be. I left around half a centimeter of wood around the outline because I wasn't sure of how straight my cuts would be or if the blade was properly set to perpendicular. I didn't get a chance to finish cutting the last piece because I started after dinner and I figured 9 o'clock was a good time to turn off power tools.


This afternoon's work will include finishing the last rough cut and gluing/clamping the whole thing together. As well as cutting down a few small pieces to glue on the next day for shaping the upper and lower body.

No comments:

Post a Comment