Monday, February 1, 2010

I suppose you have a heart in there?

This weekend was not filled with painting as I expected but instead lots of sewing. During Oz's teachers social on Friday night, she and a friend decided they'd be making puppets of themselves on Saturday. While I didn't care to make myself into a puppet, I was inspired to make a stuffed animal. We got supplies for everything Saturday afternoon and worked on our projects the rest of the day. I sketched out on paper what I expected to end up with and made a very simple pattern off of that.

I finished my stuffed animal Sunday morning. Here is the final outcome. I call him Zippy.





He completely unzips except for the back of his neck so that the two halves stay together. His organs include a brain with backbone, lungs with trachea and bronchi, a heart with superior vena cava and aorta, a stomach connected to intestines, and one squiddily spootch.

Expect the painting next time.

4 comments:

  1. excellent work, my good Benn!
    And kudos on blogging. I will be checking back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is equal parts disgusting and awesome! Seriously impressed by your sewing abilities :)

    ReplyDelete